OFFICIAL RULES: Equal Exchange Bird of Paradise Trip Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES, 18 YEARS OR OLDER. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Fill out the entry form to enter by Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:59. You must have a valid passport and be able to travel during the month of March 2014 (exact trip dates to be determined and Equal Exchange reserves the right to change the travel date at its discretion).
2. PRIZES, ESTIMATED RETAIL VALUES AND APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING: Enter to win 1 spot for yourself and 1 spot for the travel companion of your choice on an Equal Exchange delegation March 2014 to visit the CESMACH coffee co-operative in Chiapas, Mexico. The winners will spend 5 days/6 nights traveling and participating in activities with the Equal Exchange delegation.
1 winner will be chosen at random on Nov. 1, 2013. The winner will be contacted shortly after Nov. 1 at the email address provided. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
Estimated prize value is $3,000 and includes airfare, food, lodging, and other travel expenses.
3. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: The winner will be notified through the email address provided. Response must be received within seven (7) days of notification attempt. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed except by the sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of the individual winner. Return of any prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection.
4. GENERAL: No responsibility is assumed for lost, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, or late entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the promotion if it becomes technically corrupted and to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and decisions of the judges.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 contiguous states, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, except employees or their agents of Equal Exchange and their respective, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising agencies, and members of their immediate families. Void in Puerto Rico, and wherever prohibited, and is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Must have a valid passport for the travel dates. Must be available to travel sometime in the month of March 2014.
6. WINNER: 1 winner will be chosen at random on Nov. 1, 2013. The winner will be contacted shortly after Nov. 1 at the email address provided.
7. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this giveaway is Equal Exchange: 50 United Drive, West Bridgewater, MA 02379
Entry is voluntary. We will not sell or share your information.